Virginia Beach Drain Cleaning
Unclogging Your Residential & Commercial Drains
There are a lot of different drains in your plumbing system – and a lot of things that keep water from flowing through them. Cooking grease, oils, hair, soap, foreign objects, leaves, and other debris can build up over time or lodge themselves all at once. But whatever the culprit, you need a Virginia Beach drain cleaning and repair professional who can be there before the floodgates open. With more than 10,000 service calls under our belts, you can count on All Day Plumbing for thorough drain services throughout the Virginia Beach area.
Many people think they can clean their drains themselves. However, larger service jobs can be surprisingly complicated, and getting it wrong can cause even bigger problems. Our professional plumbing technicians are fully licensed and insured to provide 24/7 emergency services for drain cleaning, routine maintenance, and everything in between. We will give you an estimate with no surprise fees so you know you’re only paying for great service.
Common Causes of Clogged Drains
The best way to keep your drains free from clogs and blockages is to know what not to put down them. It's always safest to avoid putting anything other than water, human waste, and toilet paper down any drain, but some substances and products are more dangerous than others:
- Hair: Installing a hair trap in your tub or shower drain will save you a lot of hassle over the years. Hair tends to get stuck in drains and catch other substances that fall down, forming a clog.
- Fats, oils, and grease: Never, ever let these substances go down your drain. They are among the top causes of clogs and tend to catch anything and everything else that goes down the drain, creating a massive blockage.
- Cotton products: Cotton balls, feminine hygiene products, and anything else made with cotton should never go down the drain. Cotton swells in size when in contact with water, making it a perfect way to clog your drain.
- Tree roots: Even a tiny crack in your underground plumbing is enough space for a tree root to start forcing its way inside. Over time, the root will grow and eventually completely seal off the pipe.
- Food: Even if you have a garbage disposal, you should still avoid letting food go down your drains. It can get caught in your pipes far too easily, creating a clog.
Cleaning Up Drains of All Types
Using the latest techniques, All Day Plumbing will clean any type of residential or commercial drain, including:
- Kitchen drains
- Toilet drains
- Shower drains
- Floor drains
- Sewer drains
Make sure to contact our Virginia Beach plumbing experts as soon as you notice a drain is working slower than normal. Partial clogging can quickly turn into serious back-up later and cause extensive water damage. We can replace your sink unit or your garbage drain if necessary. Let us help you save time, money, and headaches.
Tips to Reduce Drain Clogging
Although drain cleaning can be a tough job, there are ways to reduce the amount of build-up.
The following tips will keep your drains clear longer before service is needed:
- Place a small grate device or mesh screen over a drain to catch large debris and hair.
- Regularly lift up the pop-up stopper on drains and clear off debris.
- Brush or comb your hair before showering to remove loose hair.
- Periodically pour an industrial strength cleaner down the drain as recommended by the manufacturer.
Affordable Drain Cleaning from a Family Business
For more than 15 years, we have been providing families and businesses with the service they deserve. All Day Plumbing was named the “Best Plumbers” of Virginia Beach in 2016 and strives every day – even weekends – to leave every customer satisfied. We love meeting new customers and look forward to seeing what we can do for you.
Contact us at (757) 903-0466 to set up a Virginia Beach drain cleaning appointment or for emergency services on tough jobs.